Sunday, June 03, 2007

day 3

breakfast
2 rashers of bacon
1 egg (you may notice a pattern developing here. I've pretty much got into the way of fixing my breakfast which allows me to get my lunch ready at the same time if I'm having a packed lunch, and since I like I pretty much always eat the same thing. Some people aren't convinced about bacon on the south beach diet, but it works for me, so I'll stick to it!)

snack
an apple (I've found that carrying a couple of apples in my bag is good for days like today where it means I can munch on that and not have to worry about cakes or biscuits finding their way into my mouth!)

lunch
roast lamb
a spoonful of mashed potato
brocoli
peas (lots!)
a mixture of roasted root vegetables (shallots, parsnip, butternut squash, sweet potato, courgette)
gravy
mint sauce
strawberries (frozen - very yummy!)

snack
I have to admit that I had a couple of squares of milk chocolate. Almost as soon as I had eaten it I did regret it. Gave me a bit of a headache, and the eating it wasn't as good as the thinking about it! Next time I'll just admire it from afar!


tea
small amount of the homemade baked beans (I put a portion ready for my school lunch tomorrow)
about 5 cherry tomatoes
the remains of the left over cabbage
a little bit of yellow pepper
some grated cheese
One of CJ's oat muffins (yummy! We are going to freeze the rest, and I think I might have to keep myself away from them!)

I have drunk loads of water today. And eaten loads of vegetables and fruit. I reckon it must be about 8 portions all together. I ate some chocolate and a muffin which were probably not strictly on my diet, and I do want to try to be stricter with myself from now on.

Oh, I have to admit also that I had a few cashews last night after my dinner which wasn't really according to plan either.

I think I can do the vegetable eating and water drinking pretty easily. I'm trying to schedule in when I will do exercise (I think these first three days were a bit of a wipeout so far as exercise was concerned, but am ready to do this!) I need to be more strict with myself about not eating sugar, and not eating after dinner.
That's me for now. Over and Out :-)

No comments: