Tuesday, January 04, 2011

4th Jan

Ok, so yesterday was day 4. Think I did ok with my eating. I'm trying to eat up the parsnips and carrots that are in my fridge, which I'm not sure are exactly phase one, but going slowly and definitely avoiding potatoes, so that's ok.

I felt really rough yesterday evening. Couldn't stop sneezing and my nose would not stop running. Bit better this morning, I think, although it's a bit early to tell. I've got to go to the dentist later, so hopefully I won't be sneezing and spluttering too much!

Mentally I think I'm getting this. I went to two big supermarkets and walked past lots of reduced Christmas goodies and creme eggs and although I thought, hm, in the past I would have bought some, if not a lot of those, I was able to say, "nope, I don't want them", and walk on. Same with the bread and cakes area, I just thought walk by and don't even look, and it worked!

Of course, I'm sure there will be more mind blips. But I'll just keep going. I soaked chickpeas yesterday, and I'm going to cook them in a bit. I have some tahini from my mum so I can try making hummus for myself (every time I spell that word, I'm sure I do it differently!)

I'm so tempted to weigh myself this morning, but I know that I shouldn't cos it's not good to get into a habit of doing it every day. I did, however, take lots of measurements of myself last night, so that'll be a good record to see how things change over time too.

Today we'll be heading over to see my parents at some point this morning (giving them a chance to assemble their new sofa before Sophia arrives on the scene). I'll be going to the dentist, and I've got a few other things to do in town, so that's some out and about-ing and a bit of exercise. I didn't really manage to get any yesterday.

2 comments:

Pigwotflies said...

I'm not sure weighing yourself everyday is actually that bad. It depends why you're doing it. If doing it makes you paranoid about each day, and more obsessive, it's a bad thing. But if you record it each day, not worrying too much about the individual numbers and then graph it to see the longterm trends, I think it can be helpful.
I'm weighing myself when I remember and recording it online at The Hacker's Diet which has some cool graphing tools. It tells me for instance that last year from July, my weight had a definite upward trend, even though there were individual weeks in which my weight went down. Not exactly what I wanted to see, but at least it's helpful. it shows me I basically keep to a diet for a week, think "This is easy", go easy for a week, go up, panic, get depressed and eat lots to cheer myself up. I'm trying to change that this year and make smaller changes I can keep to, like removing all the chocolate from the house and always having healthy things to eat for lunch (my main downfall).

Elly said...

go pigwot. u can do it.