Thursday, December 21, 2006

My job

Sorry people, I haven't said much about my job and what happened in the meetings and stuff. That's cos I'm still trying to work out how I feel about it all. Part of me really wanted to say to them that since my contract ended at the end of the year I wouldn't be returning after Christmas. However, I never quite got round to saying that (the sickness bug got in the way somewhat). I did agree with the headteacher that I could continue childminding the little boy two days a week, so at least I'll be keeping the bit of the week that keeps me sane.

I am going to be changing what I do with the one of the two children I work with - doing some more individual work out of the class (as he is quite far behind the other children, and needs to go back to the basics). And I think I've managed to come up with a balance between totally taking him out of the classroom (Headteacher's idea) and only working with him in class to try to access the work the rest of the class are doing (class teacher's idea). We'll see how that goes.
One sad thing is that the lady who was the other classroom assistant (and the person who made the job bearable) has retired, so we'll be having someone new in the new year. Hopefully I'll get on ok with the new person.

That's about all I can think of about it at the minute and I have to go wrap presents. I'll try to post more about it once I start back in the new year - I plan to try to forget all about it over the holiday!

No comments: